ProSpec Revamps Line of Thin Set Mortars
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
ProSpec® has reorganized its line of thin set mortars for tile and stone installation, updating product names and organizing the line into three categories making it easier to distinguish among products. ProSpec's entire line of thin set mortars is suitable for commercial or residential projects as well as interior or exterior applications.
Polymer-modified high-performance mortars
- Superior PermaFlex 600, ProSpec's premium thin set mortar, provides outstanding bond strength, great flexibility and high impact strength. It is also isolates cracks up to 1/8 inch.
- PermaFlex 500 is specifically designed for bonding ceramic tile and natural stone to difficult-to-bond substrates.
- PermaFlex 400 has been renamed from Superior PermaSet 400. The name change reflects its fit with the PermaFlex line of polymer modified mortars. It offers excellent workability and open time.
Polymer-modified high-performance specialty mortars
- Stayflex 590 has outstanding bond strength and is a non-sag formula, making it ideal for setting large format tiles.
- Quick PermaFlex 570 provides high compressive strength and superior bond in a rapid setting mortar.
- Medium Bed PermaFlex 550 is designed to help overcome irregularities in the substrate or in tile thickness. It is designed for setting large format tile.
- PermaSet 300 offers great open time, good workability and excellent grab on vertical surfaces.
- PermaSet 200 has been renamed from PermaFloor 200. It offers excellent workability and is an economical option for setting tile on concrete substrates.
ProSpec provides architects, engineers and commercial and residential construction contractors with the finest in professionally specified concrete construction, restoration & repair products and tile & stone installation products and systems. The ProSpec brand is owned and managed by Bonsal American, Inc. Additional information is available by calling 1-800-738-1621 or at www.prospec.com.
Bonsal American is one of the largest producers of packaged building material products in the United States, including cement mixes, concrete repair and restoration products and tile setting products. Bonsal American sells Sakrete® and ProSpec® branded products through a network of distributors and a direct sales force to professional builders, contractors, engineers, architects, municipalities and building materials retailers.
Headquartered in Charlotte, N.C., Bonsal American is a division of Oldcastle APG. The parent company, CRH plc, is based in Ireland and has operations in 31 countries, with 80,000 employees at more than 3,300 locations worldwide.